Sunday, September 10, 2006

Silverfish 3

The Silverfish have met thrice so far at the Airlines Hotel, Lavelle Road, Bangalore, and I can already picture the scene in 2040 A.D. as we arrive, wisened by age and reading, to revive on a Sunday morning the memories of four decades. (Sorry to spoil the suspense.)

In the meanwhile, we had our 2006 September meet today. I went 30 minutes late. This way, I could easily locate where the group was. Ah, they were at the familiar table by the far wall and under the green canopy. Abhishek, Siddharth, Neha, Sunayana, Srini, and Mukesh were whom I saw, in chronological order. Ravi (who was absent from the second meet) introduced himself. Ramya made it. Ravi (who was present at the second meet) arrived. Shankar did, as well. This verified how the more, the merrier.

We spoke about the trek, and quite a lot of things. You had to be there! :)

For the first time, we went Dutch on the bill. (If it wasn't the first time, my thanks for the last couple of teas.)

We hiked to Koshy's. Do you remember seeing an apostrophe there? I just know that when you enter, there's the smoking section on the left and the non smoking on the right. Also, the Maitre D' in the right has a grey moustache. Hey, just trying to give a good coverage here.

The Silverfish is a nice friendly group of book lovers I'm lucky to be in. The only reason we're not famous is because we are a secret community.

1 comment:

finblogger said...

Now I know how we fell short for the first meeting bill :)